Thread: AR stock other than PRS?

Private

AR stock other than PRS?

Ok, so I'm building up my precision/3-gun rig with a WOA 18" tube. Now, I'm thinking about stock choices. I don't really want something like the PRS, it just seems a little too big. How is the Magpul MOE rifle stock? I was thinking either that or maybe a Battle Link Minimalist with the added cheekpiece? Thoughts?

Gunny Sergeant
    Check out the new LMT
    Buttstocks - Parts
    SAC Badger M2008
    18" Bartlein MTU
    Timney
    AICS pistol Grip
    Steiner 4-16
    ARC M10 rings
    Atlas

SAC Badger M2013
    .300 WM
    24" Bartlein M40 Kampfeld Straight flutes
    Timney Calvin Elite
    KMW Sentinel McMillan Camo
    Vortex Razor GEN II 4.5-27
    ARC M10 rings
    Atlas

I recently put the MOE Rifle stock on my SPR and its about perfect for me. But my eye line with my cheek weld appears to be naturally higher than a lot of people report. The MOE Rifle stock makes my eye fall right in line with the scope(Viper PST 2.5-10x32 in a Bobro mount) on my gun.

I have a PSR on my LMT MWS and I have the cheek piece dropped as low as it will go. Im contemplating selling it and swapping to a fixed MOE Rifle stock.

Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    I recently put the MOE Rifle stock on my SPR and its about perfect for me. But my eye line with my cheek weld appears to be naturally higher than a lot of people report. The MOE Rifle stock makes my eye fall right in line with the scope(Viper PST 2.5-10x32 in a Bobro mount) on my gun.

I have a PSR on my LMT MWS and I have the cheek piece dropped as low as it will go. Im contemplating selling it and swapping to a fixed MOE Rifle stock.
    I'm using the MOE on my Noveske SPR with the same scope (ADM mount not Bobro) and like it quite a bit.

For 3 gun I run an ACE ARFX skeleton stock. It works well for me. I'm 6' 5" so I like the LOP from an A2 length stock for a game gun and the weight savings is nice

Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by UrHero View Post
    For 3 gun I run an ACE ARFX skeleton stock. It works well for me. I'm 6' 5" so I like the LOP from an A2 length stock for a game gun and the weight savings is nice
    I also run the ACE ARFX on my 3 gun rifle. It's one of the most lightweight rifle stocks out there.

Another good choice is the Luth AR if you want PRS type options without the PRS weight and price.

Private
    I really like the UBR but I'm not sure how it would be for 3 gun.

Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by Macht View Post
    I really like the UBR but I'm not sure how it would be for 3 gun.
    It's very heavy. And a shorter length of pull than a rifle stock.

Not to mention they are very proud of it price wise..

I'm running an A5 on my semi-precision Noveske 16" and just recently switched from an STR to an Emod and have been enjoying it. Just heavy enough to balance out the 16" and gives a great cheek weld and LOP. Liked it so much I just bought the Imod for my 14.5" lightweight irons only rifle.

Sent from my awesome iPhone using Tapatalk

I run the CTR. Its the same profile as the MOE but it has sling attachments and a locking lever to take out the slop once it is in your desired LOP position.

My favorite Magpul stocks are the CTR, ACS and the STR. Cant go wrong with any of them.

Private
    The lower I'm using already has an A2 (my old hi power lower) and I'll try that first. I also have a couple ACS's lying around to try as well. If neither of those work, then I guess I'll start looking at other options like the MOE, Luth, XLR etc.

The ACS-L is a exellent stock.
    The true eye sees not the despair of its victims, only the elegance of equilibrium. It's a demonstration of superior judgment.

Sergeant
    I luv the maul ctr it's the more with a locking adjustment that I find better for precision. Also check out the magpul acl, I like it even better than the ctr/me for cheeckweld, and it comes with storage compartment (s) depending on the variant you get, the only downside is its 3-4 ozs more than the moe/ctr. The Lothar stock is an awesome full length stock with the same adjustments as the magpul prs and weighs a pound less. It just doesn't have the bottle rail for a rear monopod attachment. If u want a rear monopod then the ctr works with the larue mount.....

Sergeant
    Have you looked at the LUTH ar? It's like a skelatonized PRS. Very light with all the adjustability.

The "MBA" - Modular Buttstock Assembly - luth-ar

Have you thought about a Magpul CTR with RISR?

Sergeant
    That Luth AR looks nice, might have to try one out

Sergeant
    I have a mag-pul ctr on a 458 socom and it has been one tough s.o.b. and stood up to the recoil for 7 years I also recently built a beowulf and put a moe rifle stock on it and like it a lot I would consider it for a precision rifle . I tried a prs stock at one time and it now lays in a box in my shop .

I have a Magpul PRS on my gas gun and my bolt gun. I like them a lot. If you are shooting with a rear bag that is the best way to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I actually prefer the UBR. It's heavy, sure, but it's rock solid as well. I'm not a long-armed dude so I don't need a really long LOP. UBR works great for me, and it feels great whether you're shooting prone, kneeling, or from a barrier.
    "The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."

- Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms, 1929

I like the PRS but here a Mako something lighter. Rugged and still with nice adjustments...http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_bcESAdBZxA...k_Riser_40.JPG

Sergeant
    I like the Vltor line personally for run and gun type shooting. For anything precision related I like the A2 style stocks. Yet to find anything that can do both extremely well.
    Savage 6.5 Creedmoor with a PST and a manners
    Troy AR .223 with some magpul geissele vltor and aimpoint bling

Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by RichS View Post
    The lower I'm using already has an A2 (my old hi power lower) and I'll try that first. I also have a couple ACS's lying around to try as well. If neither of those work, then I guess I'll start looking at other options like the MOE, Luth, XLR etc.
    I've actually switched a few of my stocks back to A2's. See how your's works first. A lot to be said for simplicity.